Omani people are known for their generous hospitality and warm nature – the country’s nationals live in perfect harmony with other cultures and nationalities from all around the world.
However, as in any country, visitors are kindly requested to adhere to a number of rules to ensure this mutual respect remains:
- Please observe social customs and dress in an appropriate manner at all times
- Artefacts, flora and fauna and heritage sites can be admired, but never touched or removed – this includes fruit and vegetables from private properties
- Noise or loud music should be avoided when passing residential areas
- People or private property should not be photographed without obtaining permission first
- Garbage should be disposed off in designated bins at all times
- Activities such as hiking or off-roading are at every visitor’s own risk, so please make sure to carry enough water, food, fuel and spare parts at all times
- Do not camp in wadi beds; flash floods can occur occasionally
- To ensure safety, do check that any tour guide or specialized tour operator used holds a valid license from the Ministry of Tourism.