Generous hospitality and warm natured
Omani people are known for their generous hospitality and warm nature, and the country’s nationals live in perfect harmony with other cultures and nationalities from all around the world. However, as in any country, visitors are kindly requested to adhere to a number of rules to ensure this mutual respect remains
However, as in any country, visitors are kindly requested to adhere to a number of rules to ensure this mutual respect remains:
- Please observe social customs and dress in an appropriate manner at all times
- Artefacts, flora and fauna and heritage sites can be admired, but never touched or removed – this includes fruit and vegetables from private properties
- Noise or loud music should be avoided when passing residential areas
- People or private property should not be photographed without obtaining permission first
- Garbage should be disposed of in designated bins at all times
- Activities such as hiking or off-roading are at every visitor’s own risk, so please make sure to carry enough water, food, fuel and spare parts at all times
- Do not camp in wadi beds; flash floods can occur occasionally
- To ensure safety, do check that any tour guide or specialised tour operator used holds a valid license from the Ministry of Tourism.
Oman is one of the safest and most relaxing countries to visit and is home to some of the most welcoming people in the world. Here are a few helpful pointers and tips to help you make the most of your visit to the Sultanate and gain a better understanding of the country’s culture, customs and laws.