clear waters and swaying palm trees
This impressive stretch of sand is a local favourite with its clear waters and swaying palm trees. An array of water sports is on offer to visitors, including jet skiing, banana boating and parasailing, as well as snorkelling and scuba diving excursions. Along the popular coastal road, there are a wide range of restaurants and coffee shops that look out over the beach.
Escape the heat, hustle and bustle of the city and head to the coast. And where better to go than the popular Qurum Beach? Catch some sun on the beautiful sandy beach or lie in the shade of a palm tree. It’s free to enjoy as you wish.
Need to cool off? Then submerge yourself in the clear waters of the Gulf of Oman. And once it’s time to rehydrate you’ll find a great choice of cafes and coffee shops close by. Our Hop-on, Hop-off Muscat Bus Tour takes you almost right onto the sand. Then jump back on board for a ride to the neighbouring Mangrove Lagoon.
A thriving city beach
Located in the upmarket neighbourhood of Qurum – the beating heart of modern Muscat – the beach here is a busy centre of activity. Ride the waves on a jet ski or see and be seen along the coastal road – a classic, scenic strip popular with strolling locals.
Other interesting facts about Qurum Beach, Muscat
- Qurum Beach stretches for four kilometres (2.5 miles) along the Muscat coastline
- Watersports like jet skiing, parasailing and kayaking can be booked at the Crowne Plaza end of the beach
- You can also book snorkelling and scuba diving excursions here
- There’s no great tidal range and waves are small, so bathing is relatively safe at Qurum Beach
- There’s a good selection of international refreshment and dining options along the coast road